The property is not wheelchair accessible throughout, but does have many features which will make things easier if you are a wheelchair user. These are as follows:
- Ramped Access from the front of the property to both the ground floor bedroom and lounge
- Ground Floor Bedroom with low-level light switches and plug sockets.
- Low-level hanging space in the bedroom closet.
- Height Adjustable, Profiling Double Bed
- Ceiling Track Hoist above the bed (Max Load 130kg)
- Roll in (Level Access) Ensuite Wetroom Bathroom
- Accessible Sink
- Thermostatic Controlled Shower
- Freeway T70 Shower Chair (large rear wheels, padded horseshoe cushion, footrests)
Detailed photos and a full access statement will be available in due course. Unfortunately, there is no access to the first floor of the property for a wheelchair user. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries or suggestions.
Beach Access: There is a ramp (albeit steep) from the road to beach level.
Pavement Access: There is pavement access from the property towards the beach and also in a northerly direction towards High Newton.
Footpath Access: National Trust footpaths, offering a degree of wheelchair access follow the road south from the property and turning right before entering the village square. Once round the back of the Ship Inn, turn left and follow the track until it changes into a timbered footpath.